I’ll go into more detail later, but here’s a SUPER quick synopsis of the last (yikes!) six months:
- Completed the demo build of Procyon
- Level 3!
- New title screen!
- Finished game flow!
- Working local multiplayer!
- New control scheme!
- New font rendering mechanism!
- New tutorial!
- Another bullet point with an accompanying exclamation point!
- Sent it through several (sometimes-painful) rounds of playtest on the creator’s club forums, and got some great feedback (especially the feedback from one Jason Doucette of Xona Games, who gave some painful-to-hear but necessary criticism)
- Submitted to the PAX 10 competition
- Learned that I was not accepted into the PAX 10 competition 🙁
- Started work fixing the networked multiplayer that I broke while working towards the demo (I’d disabled it for the demo so that I could keep my focus elsewhere!
Anyway, that’s my short update. But fear not, for here, too, is a pair of videos!
5 thoughts on “Ridiculously Sparse Update For A Relatively-Unloved Blog”
Woo-hoo! Update! 🙂
By the way, I love the changes you’ve made. Eager to see what shape the game will take when it is “done”. Until then, keep up the good work. 😉
I really like your work 🙂
Just a little thing, the particle effect on level 3 Boss is working in a weird way(I think it’s been instantiated/created in a wrong start point).
The level 3 boss does look a fun to play one (I like the advice-ray idea )
Looks great Josh! Makes me miss working on my game. Can’t wait to give it a try.
Thanks for the kudos to Jason… I just let him know you mentioned him! 🙂
I am about to start Game Design and Simulation Programming, Would like to know if you would be willing to talk some time. Please email me if this may be possible.
Thanks in advance,