No real dev updates. I’m still working on the behind-the scenes stuff. I got a bit bogged down with the asset management – turns out, handling on-the-fly asset streaming on the 360 using XNA is a tricky proposition, due to the garbage collection (which triggers every megabyte or so of allocation, grinding everything to a halt if your heap is too complex) and the XNA content management system (you can’t dynamically unload any given individual component – it’s all or nothing).
Because it’s been rather frustrating, I didn’t feel like coding tonight.
Instead, I did some image editing based on a dumb idea I had.